
Baseball Season has begun! After a tough bleak winter it's time to have some Fun!!
I'm reviving what was once a spring tradition for us older GenRe folks - the Howie Bedell baseball pool!!
This pool has ALWAYS been a lot of fun. People who have played it in the old days, reminisce about it. And like the NCAA pool, it doesn't take all that much skill or knowledge to win.
I'm doing this online because in today's world we can't be doing pools on company email.
Here's how it works:
- Select 15 major league batters, from either league, that you think will finish the year with a high batting average.
- Only Opening Day roster or disabled list players are eligible for
selection.
- Pitchers are not eligible for selection.
- Your 15 selections must achieve a combined total of 6,000 at-bats (not plate appearances) at the end of the season. Failure to meet the minimum results in immediate disqualification. No one batter need meet a minimum at-bat total.
- The winner will be determined by calculating the cumulative batting
average of your 15 selections (total hits divided by total at-bats).
The highest cumulative average wins.
- You may enter as many times as you like. You may even share entries.
- Entry fee is $10
How to Enter:
IMPORTANT: Only people who know me may enter. This is on the web...I do not want to be managing a national pool. So if you are in GenRe and know me...or a rare FH friend outside of work...you can get in!! Based on the email I receive, I will determine - in or out. If you are out - I will tear up the check...mean person that I am
- EMAIL the Entry
Email to frankhowett@yahoo.com
(that's right - without the "L")
Each player's name on the entry must include full name & team.
Please make the subject of this email "Howie Bedell pool"
I must receive your EMAILED picks and money by Friday, May 8th 2009.
As is tradition with this pool, the entry deadline is after a month of the season has been played (I never understood why, but tradition is important, right?). That is why I didn't send this out in March.
- Money $10 per entry, checks only payable to "Frank Howlett" (the 'L' is back) You can give it to me at work, send it to me by mail or anyway that you know I'll get it. If you need my mail address - email that request to me and I'll send you my mailing address.
- If I don't have both money and the entry by May 8th - you will not be in the pool. I'd appreciate the money ASAP. (You can send the check in early and your picks in later, before May 8th of course)....whatever!!!
- Prizes will be awarded as follows:
1st Place - 60% of Pot
2nd Place - 25% of Pot
3rd Place - 10% of Pot
Last Place - 5% of Pot
- - If we get over 20 entries - I will grant myself an extra free entry - as payment for all my hard work. (JFoulds never did that...but he was classier than me)
- I will be sending out periodic updates - (posting them here if it works out)
YAY CARDINALS!!
YAY BASEBALL!!
GOOD LUCK!!
Click for more on Howie Bedell
No comments:
Post a Comment